Thursday, September 13, 2012

Soap Makeover

Whenever I feel too busy, I need to get something done.  Gotta pull something out of the project bag that I know I can finish.  The soap in my bathroom seemed like a manageable confidence builder:



Here we have an unassuming bottle I purchased from the Willams Sonoma outlet about ten years ago and refilled with Softsoap ever since.  Sorry to my disappointed guests who were expecting a parsley scent.  Also a bit dirty--ick!

Here she is, an hour later, with her makeover.  I think she cleans up good (pun intended).






































I used my Silhouette Cameo, which feels like cheating, to cut the vinyl, but I could have purchased a vinyl initial from Etsy or cut one with an X-acto knife.  Just to make it more impractical, I added the ribbon.

Eventually there will be some butterfly items in this bathroom, I hope, so I liked that this particular pattern was reminiscent of a butterfly.  Until then, I am putting one big check mark next to project soap.




























2 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to using it on Monday--or is it just to admire :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww super cute, and it matches your bathroom! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete