Monday, December 10, 2012

Beachy Food Signs

The house at the beach had a bunch of old fence posts begging to be reclaimed.  There was also this large swath of wall in the dining room begging to be decorated.  So, I decided to make some signs.



I know it's December, but thinking about funnel cake reminds me of a sunny day, which makes me smile.  I tried to think of healthy stuff for the signs too, but really, near the beach, salad just doesn't fit.























I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out letters, which I traced with a pencil and then filled in with acrylic paint.  I am sure there are other ways to trace letters onto wood without using fancy equipment.

I sawed off the ends of the posts by hand and then screwed the signs into the wall.  I like the contrast of the natural wood and the white beadboard.

(Yep, I reupholstered those chairs). The dining room feels more finished now, and I'm excited to think about other projects that can use those fence posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment