Friday, June 22, 2012

Upholstered IKEA Stools

In order to forgo doing a renovation of our perfectly functional and happy kitchen, I've decided to try to make small changes. One of those changes was making the kitchen stools fit with the decor. They used to look like this:

They are basic IKEA stools, and I stained them green when they were in our prior house. They worked fine in that setting.

Our kitchen is black an white here, though, and my style has changed a bit.

















Here they are now, many coats of black spray paint later, and padded with some remnant fabric from Joann's, batting and foam using my lovely staple gun.






































They are the first thing you see when you enter the kitchen, so I think the small change makes a big impact.


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, they look gorgeous! I always love bold prints like that, but I chicken out in my house. I need someone with a good eye for that sort of thing to come over and help me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are absolutely stunning - well done !

    ReplyDelete